PWM injector driver/Mechanical system

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Apr 8 16:14:37 GMT 2001

> >So my question is: do I really need a crank signal to synchronize
> >TDC with my injector firing?
> >
> >  Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
> Tare you designing youre own system?

Perhaps.  I haven't yet made up my mind.
The concept is simple.  The devil is in the details.  If I can buy a module
ready made that takes TP, MAF, and RPM (no lambda, no crank synchro), and I
can get inside of it to fiddle, that's where I would probably go.

> If you want to know what it takes for a VERY simple system to work, just
> look at how a hilborn(or similar) race mechanical system works. The pump
> increases flow proportional to RPM. And you have a barrel valve
> attached to
> the throttle blades. The pump is assumed to deliver a given
> volume of fuel
> per revolution. As RPM increase the flow increases at the same rate. For

I have a shaft driven positive displacement mechanical pump capable of much
more volume than I require.  I assume the Hilborn has a pump capacity that
matches the desired fuel delivery rate.  Putting a regulator on such a pump
would throw the more rpm=more flow out the door, right?