No tantrum, just a basic stamp.

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Mon Apr 9 14:50:23 GMT 2001

Shannen Durphey wrote:
> If someone's willing to throw a quickie description or a url to a good web page
> with info about "basic stamps" (one that doesn't take a huge amount of time to read
> through) this way, I'd be much obliged.

A Basic Stamp is a PIC microcontroller on a little board with a crystal,
voltage regulator, and some I/O stuff.  Rather than programming it in
more-arcane-than-most-assemblers PIC assembly you program it in basic.
You have access to all the A/D, I/O lines, etc.  Parallax makes them,
here's some info:

http://www.parallax.com/html_files/getting_started/gettingstarted.htm

--steve

--