Adding a resistor to raise injector impedance - Comments?

Tony Bryant brd at paradise.net.nz
Thu Apr 12 06:52:23 GMT 2001

>Bob, pardon my ignorance, but how can 2.3A max peak work for the peak
>and hold injectors, which in my case are 2.2 ohms (Ford Mustang turbo
>30 lb/hr Bosch).
>
>Assuming 13 volts voltage, 2.2 ohms resistance, and V=I*R, would this
>not give a peak current of 5.9 amps?  Should I consider the hold
>current instead of peak current?  I am obviously missing something.

The driver circuit applies full voltage to the injector until the current
has risen to the peak value. When it senses that this peak is reached, it
immediately reduces the voltage to the injector so as to reduce the current
to the hold level.

The resistance is unimportant, as long as its low enough for the current
to be able rise to the peak, and to get there in a small enough time.