Qustions, boost control & Bosch igniton modules.

Klas Arvidsson saabuel at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:47:01 GMT 2001

Hi my name is Klas and I am working on a ignition and fuel injection system
based on a pic16f877.
I tried a simple boost control program working as:
if boost_over_allowed then
turn_on_wastegate_valve
else
turn_of wastegate_valve
Now this did not work very vell, the boost is fluctuating about 0.1 bar
which makes the car a bit strange to say the least. Now I was thinking of
PWM control instead. But what i do not know is what frequency i should use?
40Hz 10Hz ? Higher? Anybody have any ideas?
My next question is what is inside those little black 7 pin bosch ignition
modules (Fitted to many mid 80:s european cars.). Does it incorporate some
sort of "smart" dwell circutry or does it only turn on and off the coil?

klas