SFI setup for 1.3l 4cyl

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Apr 22 12:37:05 GMT 2001

nik tumbri <riviera at goconnect.net> wrote:

>I'm interested in setting up fuel injection on a Morris Mini.
>1.3L 4cyl.  I would also like to switch over to 'wasted -
>spark' ignition.

>The Mini only has two inlet ports, shared between the
>four cylinders, so I'd only be using 2 injectors.

You could use a seperate injector driver system with a bit of logic to select
the right port to fire. A batch fire ECU, or a sequential with the outputs
AND'ed together would drive it.

Wasted spark ignition would take a feed from the same logic to select which
coil to fire.

You would need some sort of distributor/camshaft (through the fuel pump hole)
sensor to provide the necessary syncronisation.

Tom Parker - tom at carrott.org
           - http://www.carrott.org