Part # Bosch 4-wire O2 (Autronics)

Eric Fahlgren efahl at adams.com
Fri Apr 27 10:01:47 GMT 2001

Franc Buxton wrote:

>         I have some Bosch LSM-11s. Are they anything special? I've never even
> bothered to look up the specs thinking they were just ordinary sensors. Should
> I do that? If so, does anyone feel inclined to tell me where to look? :>)

They are just "ordinary sensors" in that they use the same old
technology that's been used for decades, but they have a couple
of attributes which make them more desirable parts than the old
$29 universal lambda sensor.  First, they are manufactured to a
very high standard, so that the output is highly repeatable between
individual parts.  Second, Bosch actually published the response
curves relating probe temperature, voltage output and lambda (and
additionally published the relationship between probe resistance
and temperature).  A crop of cheap AFR meters has been built using
this information and are commercially available for about US$1000-1300.

Dig through the archives, you'll find all sorts of stuff.

--
Eric Fahlgren                            Mechanical Dynamics, Inc
efahl at adams.com                          Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA