Any ideas on numbers appreciated....

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Apr 27 19:27:29 GMT 2001

> Okay, no weird requests for information on how to digitize mechanical
> Lucas systems this time. I bought a manifold, injectors and fuel rails,
> cheap, from an `88 Ciera V-6 for use on the Buick V-6 in my TR7. I was a
> bit surprised to see a "sequential fuel injection" label on the
> manifold, since I thought most V-6 GM systems were batch- or bank-fire
> at the time.

The 1227148 was used in a bunch of cars, and is SEFI.
Most all the older ecms were batch fire.  Not bank, while there are 2 leads
to the ecm they usually connect together in the ecm.

> Since I have some serious altitude parameters to live with in my neck of
> the woods, I'd like to know if anyone has a GM part number handy for an
> ECM configured for manual transmission, 3.8 l stock V-6 engine,
> real-time barometric control and sequential injection. (?)

Nope.

 Any and all
> possibilities appreciated. I could probably have a custom prom burned,
> but I'd like to know if something close is available out of stock or
> used, first.

I don't know of a gm (efi) ecm that uses a full time baro sensor.

The 148 is rather versatitle, and there is alot of info on it at the
Gnttype.org site