Holley Tech Info...???

Doug Dayson djdayson at home.com
Mon Apr 30 05:09:17 GMT 2001

Hello All, a friend has gotten this reply from Holley regarding a heated O2 and
full length headers (he's installing Holley's modified single plane carb MPI
system)...

> The Holley kit comes with a 3-wire, but according to a Holley tech,
> it is not enough. He says even a heated O2 wants 600F to work correctly.
> Putting the O2 in the collector can have temps go all the way down to
> 300F at idle. The O2 will still output data, but it will read leaner
> than the mixture really is, leading to a rich idle. He also says he
> has put the sensor in the #7 primary on several cars and hasn't had
> any problems.

...putting the heated O2 sensor in an individual primary tube doesn't sound
like the way to go to me for the obvious reasons. What say you?

Thanks...

Doug