AW: AW: Intake manifold construction, intercoolers

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 5 00:55:51 GMT 2001

Rausch, Bernd tapped away at the keyboard with:

> I want to keep it simple, like Bruce is suggesting, that means 6 TB is
> out of question. I do not have problems with idle or part throttle (mild
> cam). At WOT, a 6 butterfly system is worse then a butterfly at the
> plenum because you have the shafts and plates directly in front of the
> intake port.

The butterfly is at the top of the runner. It's a forced-induction
system. THe turbulence created is not necessarily bad.

> A good point was to insulate the plenum from the heat of the head, I
> will do this with CF runners or with short silicone hoses in the
> runners.

A thin heat shield and air gap underneath the plenum will also help.
You have an integrated cooler, so any radiated heat cought by the
body of the plenum will be largely removed by the IC.

[snip]

--
Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia