Motorola microcontroller identification

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Dec 5 01:08:53 GMT 2001

> Rich M wrote:
>
> I am trying to get information about a Motorola Microcontroller used
> in European Ford Escort Turbo around mid-80's vintage - the chip id is
> ZC85269CP, 40 pin DIP and has internal OTP Eprom.

How do you know it has the internal EPROM?  If you are
counting/following circuit connections, you might have overlooked an
external ROM.  The Ford EEC-IV uses an 11 wire bus to communicate with
external ROM.  This external ROM is in a 24 pin chip.

Even though this chip has Motorola markings, it might be an Intel
design.  Ford used both Intel and Motorola to manufacture the chips that
Intel designed for Ford.  The Ford custom MPU is similar to the Intel 8096.

Does your computer have a 30 pin edge card connector?  This connector
can be used to read out the ROM, or to attach a ROM emulator.