O2 sensor pullup resistor values? (longish)

Peter Florance audserv at exis.net
Thu Dec 6 06:20:02 GMT 2001

Yes as I tried to say below, I found that my Ljet ecu supplies .45 volts at
the input when the sensor is disconnected or cold. I guess I could reverse
engineer it by loading the ECU input with resistors to determine the value
(I'll start with 1.2 meg - thanks Ludis) to see what the resistance works
out to.  That seems pretty safe as the bias would be a max of .375 uA.  I
opened an extra box but the trace from the pin lead to a hybrid with a cover
riveted to the board. I didn't need to know that badly.....

AFA averaging, I'm fighting a poor mixture control at idle. I have a sensor
in each down pipe which connect to 3 of in-line cylinders. This a euro car I
converted to lambda and then added a Bosch heated sensor last weekend which
works no better than the un heated (either which can only sample 3 cylinders
currently). The US cars have 6 into 1 manifold (BMW 528i) with single
unheated sensor. My feeling after watching with a scope was there was some
problem with out fast the lambda worked at idle vs. the frequency of the
exhaust pulses of only 3 cylinders. The idle is rough and smells rich.
My thought was to average the sensor with simple linear circuit but I
realize I may be limiting the swing of the output.

Eventually it will be a Megasquirt but I'll still have to solve the problem
(or maybe the MS will work better as it may sample faster at idle if that's
the problem).

Peter Florance