What display for DIY WB

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Sun Dec 9 18:47:25 GMT 2001

Con Torrisi wrote:

> After several attempts to build a reasonable narrow band Mixture meter with
> limited success I've decided to have a go at the WB project.
>
> I've downloaded the project details but at first glance I can't see what
> display is used. How do you tell what the AFR is?

Con, The Silicon Chip design I modified specifically for the DIY-WB output
(and for RS232 output more recently) works well. Here are the details:

  http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/wbfmd.htm

The kit is readily available from a number of suppliers, or you can make
your own boards if you purchase the article from http://www.siliconchip.com.au
and use their PCB detailed (or do it on perf. board - it's reasonably simple).

If someone were to do a DIY design, then on my wish list would be RS232 output
and a logging facility with inputs for EGT, etc.

Peter.

(I have no affiliation with Silicon Chip, or any FMD kit supplier)