Newish Member Post

Phil Hunter ilphayunterhay at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 18:31:40 GMT 2001

> I've been lurking for some time so I figured it's
> time for an intro post. I've got an 85 F150 with a
> 351W on LPG. I'm interested in trying to
> build/hack/modify some type of LPG injection for it,
> maybe port, maybe TBI. I've had some experience
> playing with PIC's, mostly 16C887's. I've been
> thinking about maybe using diesel injectors because
> of the high fuel pressures you get with LPG and
> maybe a diesel injector pump as well. Before
> I get too deep into this project is there anyone out
> there who has done the same thing?
>
> I was thinking about maybe using the Magasquirt for
> TBI, or hacking a Ford ECM for port injection. Does
> anyone have any input?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I've heard that diesel fuel injectors are designed to
use the fuel as a lubricant, run gasoline (or propane)
thru them and they'll gall.

There was a time, and perhaps some still do, when NOX
injection kits used propane as the supplemental fuel,
high octane (110?), same plumbing as NOX, etc. You
might do some investigation into what's available
here, doubtful NOX solenoids are designed to cycle on
& off like a fuel injector, you might be able to
"push the envelope" but that's unlikely to be
successful.

Summit is/was having a close-out on ADS chips, I noted
that they had chips for '91(?) Chevy PU's, one for
gas, one for propane, thought it would be interesting
to get one of each and compare them to see what the
differences where, but I never did.

Personally, I'd be more interested in taking advantage
of that high octane w/ turbocharging rather than
converting to FI.  Hmmm...hafta give that some more
thought...

HTH,
phil
(digest)