Help cracking toyota ECU

Josh Pullen joshpullen at onebox.com
Tue Feb 6 20:20:19 GMT 2001

Hi All,

Someone recommended that I post this here if I wanted a chance at figuring
this out.  :)

I have been working on trying to uncover some of the secrets of the 4th
gen. Toyota Supra Turbo ECU.  I have part of a broken computer that I
desoldered a FPGA from, however, it has Denso (apparently) custom chips
that I cannot read with my PROM burner.

Does anyone know if Denso makes their own FPGA for their ECU or if they
buy the chips and stamp their own part numbers on them?

Here is a pic of the chip.  http://fs.jmpvm.dyndns.org/~jmpvm/supra/ecu/DSCN1109.JPG

Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated.  If anyone
can cross-reference this chip with the real manufacturer (if it isn't
Denso) that would be GREAT.

Any other suggestions welcome.  I hope this was not too far off subject.
 Thanks in advance.

--
Josh Pullen
1994 HKS T04R Supra Turbo