EFI control

Eric Bryant BRYANTE at ghsp.com
Wed Feb 7 18:59:36 GMT 2001

> From: Bruce Plecan [mailto:nacelp at bright.net]
> Subject: Re: EFI control
>

> Golly take about defensive attitudes, and reading 10x more
> into a comment
> then what was said, geesh, BTW, Noone looks for reliability
> more then I.
> NO ONE.
> Later
> Bruce

Yea, I've gathered from your past comments that you definitely give more
than a passing thought to reliability.  And, knowing the little about
electronics that I do, there's certainly some steps that one must go through
in order to ensure that a module or a system is reliable.  *That's* why I'm
so concerned about stuff that looks like it was assembled in someone's
basement.

I've seen some crap come out of the OEMs, that's for sure - I'm sure we all
have.  And in many of the cases, most all of the proper steps were taken,
and things still went wrong.  Now, when few or none of the proper steps are
performed, the chances of things going wrong increases drastically.

Not only am I concerned about the basic level of engineering, but I'm also
just a bit interested in the quality that I'm getting for my investment.  I
understand that GM can blow millions in developmental costs on a part that
they intend to use in a few million cars, and that the average aftermarket
guy isn't going to get that sort of volume.  But I also understand that we
can't use this as an excuse to "let someone off the hook" when they supply
an underhood module with underrated wiring and non-sealed connectors, for
example.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from on this issue, and that I
certainly wasn't trying to slam you.  Given that, what I said is what I
believe to be true.

Eric Bryant
mailto:bryante at ghsp.com
http://www.novagate.com/~bryante