Emulator (was EFI control)

Bill Shaw bshaw at connix.com
Wed Feb 7 22:40:40 GMT 2001

You've got at least one interested,  but it would need to support the '749,  so 128K bits.

1 Flash,  1 static ram, muxes and PIC? I can do the PIC stuff,  I have a PICmaster.  It does get more complicated,  but with surface mount it can still be reasonably sized.

On startup,  copy the flash to ram and run the ecu out of ram.  When changes come in the serial port switch the ecu to flash,  make changes to ram,   then switch the ecu back to ram.

May also be able to interleave PIC and ECU cycles in ram,  so the switching and multiplexing isn't necessary,  I'd have to investigate that more.  If possible it would take some signals from the ECU not available on the prom socket.

bs