EFI control

Clay B clayb at sonic.net
Thu Feb 8 00:42:18 GMT 2001

Just reading thru the comments on aftermarket ECU's and EMC issues,
weather, etc.

I agree that the ECU should be noise, vibration, temperature, water, and
shock tolerant.

I'm sure some mfg's do a better job than others. I would like to point out
that the Autronics SMC is available WATERPROOF, as is their CDI box. I've
bounced my boat over rough water, and left it baking in the sun. I have no
filtering in my power supply lines, and I'm sure the CD wasted spark
ignition and alternator make plenty of noise. They supply water sealed
connectors at "their" end of the harness, and I used GM weatherpack
everywhere else. They use mostly standard GM or Bosch sensors.

I've gotten everything soaking wet, and it hasn't bothered it a bit. Just
one more datapoint...

- Clay