BOSCH Liscensed or not

944Technologist f_wilk at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 03:23:05 GMT 2001

There are many performance EPROM companies. But 95% of there products are
copyrighted to BOSCH. They are only making a few changes to a few tables and
then sticking their copyright on it. It is my opinion that a aftermarket
chip copyright is worthless. That BOSCH was not and does not support the
practice. Any modification to a BOSCH box must be done by BOSCH or its
certified agents. If BOSCH does not follow through with litigation does not
mean that BOSCH is giving permission.

How true is my statement? Are any of you older DIY members aware of any
court cases or of any licensing or royalty. Can anyone fill me in with
article or web sites to look at? I have researched this and even contacted
someone at BOSCH.  Any enlightenment, criticism, or debate would be
appreciated. I just want to know the facts.

FR Wilk
BOSCH ML1.2
http://members.tripod.com/prsch944/dme.htm
8Þ