90 MAP system Code 43 help needed

Richard Wakeling kojab at optushome.com.au
Mon Feb 12 20:59:13 GMT 2001

Hi Mike,

    I have had this and I too was scratching my head for a while. Someone had fitted the
wrong Knock sensor. They looked identical just the resistance was different. On our
early Aussie Holdens the lower resistance type is used typically 3.8K ohms and on our
latter Eco Tec engines  the resistance is much higher 100K ohms. What is puzzling is why
a code 43 was not set initially when the wrong 100K sensor was first installed.
    I hope this is what's setting your code 43.

Cheers Richard.