Friendly Emulator

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 13 04:59:13 GMT 2001

The Unirom Looks like the animal to have but @ 6 Bills thats a lot of
proms.  maybe for the person that does a number of projects?  has anyone
tried the "less expensive" versions.  like the EconoROM appears like it
will fit the DIY bill.  I am not so educated on this stuff so feel free to
enlighten me.  It appears that even though you cant edit on the fly as you
can with the unirom.  just shut down the motor, edit the bin (with editor
for us non-hex kind of guys), dump it into the econo rom, download to the
emulator, & fire the motor back up.  this sound right or am I out to lunch.
Unless I am missing something, it does not appear that you can write to the
emulator with it running, so you would have to shut down the motor etc.

has anyone run one of the econo roms (or any of the emulators for that
matter)?  I have a 7730 ($8D), which has the 256K prom so i would imagine
that this would work.  I don't recall ever knowing what the min speed
requirement of the proms was, this leads me to ask is 45 nS going to be
fast enough.  the proms I just got have -15 on them & I think that means
150 nS (right?), if that is true then I would think 45 nS to be plenty
fast.

TIA
Bob Wooten

Florida
> > for test/inspection, with NTF.  Oh well,  it needed a battery pack
> > anyway.........
> >
> > I broke down and bought a  "UNIROM UR08 - 512 - 90ns Real Time Memory
> > Emulator Package" from Tech Tools, a little while back.  Looked like an
> > excellent candidate at the time.  However, I have not yet gotten around
> > trying it.  It should support instant on-the-fly changes.  The GUI
looks a
> > bit primitive, but functional.
> >
> > Walt.
> >

> > > You still trying to get your S4 to hook up too ??
> > >
> > > Lyndon.

> > having

> Ones
> > engine?