Profiteers

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Feb 17 06:09:38 GMT 2001

Well, it happened again.
No I'm not going to start anything about it, but just as a I told you so.
One of the good guys thought he'd help someone that's kinda a lurker work
out some OBDII stuff.  So off list they colaborated, and put together a neat
package.   Well,  the way it worked out was the one guy did alot of
gathering, and in all honesty did do alot of work,  but the supplier of the
how it all works got the door closed in his face for all the time HE put
into making the info available for the other guy to make this commercial
project.

I'm not passing judgement, or anything of that sort, BUT, when you do
anything less then public, don't at all be surprised if it goes commercial,
and you didn't get a dinner or movie.

Saddens me, alot to see, hear of this.
Bottom line in my book, is if you want to keep a secret, fine.   Anything
you say on and especially off list and someone might go commercial, and
capitialse on your efforts.   Getting to be a fact of life around here.

Just a vent
Bruce