new to the list

akallotte at juno.com akallotte at juno.com
Mon Feb 19 16:39:08 GMT 2001

I don't know if there's a how to for that swap, but I believe there are
people on the corvetteforum and this list who've done the swap.
The 730 is MAP and the 165 is MAF.  They both process faster than the
slow 85 ECM.  Better is a matter of opinion - MAF is an expensive sensor,
an airflow killer in L98s, and the ECM only reads to 255 g/s (although
someone is working on a translator or something) - MAP gives you more
tuning headroom because it doesn't have that 255 limitation and there's a
lot more how-to's on MAP systems.  But, putting a 730 MAP in a digital
dash vette is not as easy as a camaro.  You'll lose some displays and the
VSS is another can of worms.