PIC driven UEGO

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 21 08:50:22 GMT 2001

I have been working on PIC driven O2 meters for a while now and I see that
the EGOR schematic has been posted.
I would realy like to update My design to use A UEGO instead of the HEGO I
have been using. The Schematic and Excel documents are great, but I would
like some more info on what it takes to drive the sensor. I would like to
try to reduce the hardware requirement and do more with software.

My current project is a PIC based O2 meter that collects the voltage from
the HEGO (12 bit),corrects the output curve through a lookup table, and do
some some basic math. Then the AFR (aprox, but consistent) is displayed
numericly and graphicly on a 2x20 LCD (also have a 2x40 version).
The display on this device looks awesome, and this kicks butt on all the led
AFR meters I have seen. The bargraph is 100 pixels wide (200 on the 40 char)
and is relative to AFR# NOT just voltage. I also display the millivolt level
on the bottom with the AFR number. My design would easly expand to allow
multiple sensor readout and dataloging/replay.

I think this would work great with a UEGO. ANY information would help alot.

Marvin Fugate (The Punisher)
punisher454 at hotmail.com
67 Pro-Street Camaro 427 BBC
84 S-10 406 SBC