Honda Direct Fire Coils

Chris Capowski c.capowski at home.com
Thu Feb 22 03:08:12 GMT 2001

------=_NextPart_000_00CA_01C09C53.8F51DF60

All this talk of wasted spark coil packs got me thinking.  I am thinking =
of trying to use Honda direct fire coils from an S2000 on my race car =
(Honda 4 cyl, 10,000 RPM)  They look like a long (6") spark plug boot =
(if anyone hasn't seen them) and sit directly on the spark plug.  They =
also have a built in ignitor.  The only terminals they have is +,-, =
trigger and of course the connection to the plug.  No idea what kind of =
trigger input it is looking for, the service manual has absolutely =
nothing.  I need to figure out if I can fire this with a Haltech IG6. =20

Anybody have any info on these types of coils?  I would really like to =
be able to use them as having no plug wires means there is four less =
cheap parts that can break and end a race (same reason why you wont find =
a single fuse in the car, and before someone asks, yes, that includes =
any computer fuses)

Chris "Mighty Mouse" Capowski

------=_NextPart_000_00CA_01C09C53.8F51DF60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All this talk of wasted spark coil =
packs got me=20
thinking.&nbsp; I am thinking of trying to use Honda direct fire coils =
from an=20
S2000&nbsp;on my race car (Honda 4 cyl, 10,000 RPM)&nbsp; They look like =
a long=20
(6") spark plug boot (if anyone hasn't seen them) and sit directly on =
the spark=20
plug.&nbsp; They also have a built in ignitor.&nbsp; The only terminals =
they=20
have is +,-, trigger and of course the connection to the plug.&nbsp; No =
idea=20
what kind of trigger input it is looking for, the service manual has =
absolutely=20
nothing.&nbsp; I need to figure out if I can fire this with a Haltech =
IG6.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anybody have any info on these types of =

coils?&nbsp; I would really like to be able to use them as&nbsp;having =
no plug=20
wires means there is four less cheap parts that can break and end a=20
race&nbsp;(same reason why you wont find a single fuse in the car, and =
before=20
someone asks, yes, that includes any computer fuses)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chris "Mighty Mouse"=20
Capowski</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00CA_01C09C53.8F51DF60--