Mystery O2 sensor

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 22:38:44 GMT 2001

I was at the local pick-your-part earlier today getting some parts for a
friend, and decided to check out the Honda's to see if I could find any
UEGO's.
I came across a honda with a five wire sensor, but the plug was NOT what was
in the diagrams.
This sensor has 2 plugs instead of one. the smaller plug is a 2 prong with
the red and black wires(heater?). The other plug is a 3 terminal with the
white,yellow and orange wires.
Looking down at the sensor from above the 5 wires exit the metal body in an
evenly spaced round pattern. clockwise looking from above they are
red,black,orange,yellow,white. in that order.
it has an "NTK" stamped on one of the hex flats and "5xh" (the 5 is dammaged
from a turned corner, may be a 6).

any idea if this type is also wideband? or just a fancy HEGO ?
And whoever discovered that the honda had the wideband sensors in the first
place, did they check to see if there are any other variations out there??

If its the real thing I was hoping to start experimenting with a used one
before I destroy any new ones :)

Thanks.
Marvin Fugate (The Punisher)