EFI 555?

Simon Bosworth simonb at mn.mediaone.net
Wed Feb 28 00:14:15 GMT 2001

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C0A0E9.2978F170

With help from Peter Siebold I have also been able to get GCC built for =
the Axiom PB0555 board, which uses the MPC555. I am in the process of =
converting some of the Newlib code to run on the '555. So far I have =
most of the string functions, malloc, calloc & realloc and printf, (no =
FP). I have done dtoa() (float to ascii) but ran out of room in the ram =
to test it. I will have to put my code in flash to test this out.
    I don't mean to detract from the work being done on the EFI332 =
project; but anyone who has not got in on one of the EFI332 buys might =
want to consider using the PB0555 as a base. It has more features than =
you can poke a stick at. The price is not too bad at $199. It will need =
a "daughter board" with signal conditioning and other I/O stuff, =
possibly some more ram (26K on chip). It has about 380K of available =
flash memory so that should be enough for most DIY projects :-)
  Peter is way ahead of me and actually has an engine running using this =
board. I am still just messing around with software at the moment.
    If a few people think it appropriate I could upload the compiler =
binaries and test program etc to the ftp site, (especially if someone =
gives me directions on how to do it :-) )

Cheers,
Simon

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C0A0E9.2978F170

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>With help from Peter Siebold I have =
also been able=20
to get GCC built for the Axiom PB0555 board, which uses the MPC555. I am =
in the=20
process of converting some of the Newlib code to run on the '555. So far =
I have=20
most of the string functions, malloc, calloc &amp; realloc and printf, =
(no FP).=20
I have done dtoa() (float to ascii) but ran out of room in the ram to =
test it. I=20
will have to put my code in flash to test this out.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I don't mean to =
detract from the=20
work being done on the EFI332 project; but anyone who has not got in on =
one of=20
the EFI332 buys might want to consider using the PB0555 as a base. It =
has more=20
features than you can poke a stick at. The price is not too bad at $199. =
It will=20
need a "daughter board" with signal conditioning and other I/O stuff, =
possibly=20
some more ram (26K on chip). It has about 380K of available flash memory =
so that=20
should be enough for most DIY projects :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; Peter is way ahead of me and =
actually has an=20
engine running using this board. I am still just messing around with =
software at=20
the moment.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If a few people =
think it=20
appropriate I could upload the compiler binaries and test program etc to =
the ftp=20
site, (especially if someone gives me directions on how to do it :-)=20
)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cheers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Simon</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C0A0E9.2978F170--