Chrysler/Dodge OBD II scan tool hardware and software

Bob Tom tigers at bserv.com
Wed Feb 28 21:56:22 GMT 2001

At 03:52 PM 2/27/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of scan tool software that works with the Chrysler/Dodge
>ECM's - specifically the ECM's used in the Dodge Vipers? The Vipers use
>modified versions of the Chrysler truck controllers (I think they are called
>JTEC for the OBD II versions). We have the Chrysler DRB III scan tool but we
>need to be able to log the data and look at it later (on a PC for example).
>We have the Ease Diagnostics and the Autotap scan tool software/hardware but
>neither of them currently support the Chrysler applications yet.
>
>Also, has anyone used Tech 2 with the Chrysler cartridge? If so, does it
>work well and does it work with a Dodge Viper? I called OTC and then don't
>know if the Tech 2 Chrysler cartridge works with OBD II Dodge Vipers. Has
>anyone used the OTC Tech 2 data logging software to download snapshots from
>a Tech 2?
>
>BTW - does a Chrysler calibration list exist (sort of like the GM ECM list)?
>
>Regards,  Jason

I have the OTC Advanced Monitor 4000 scanner with the Pathfinder '98 s/w
cartridge and the OBD-II cartridge.  It allows me to record and store
outputs from
two different driving events.  The scanner's output is in OTC's own format
so my
options for permanent recordkeeping are manual, purchasing OTC's printer &
interface cable or their display setup.

I generally do not use their OBD-II cartridge as I have found that their
Pathfinder
software monitors and stores more PCM outputs.

Right now I can't think of a reason as to why it would not work on the Vipers.
Hope this helps.

Bob Tom       Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 CC Dakota, 5.2L, 4x2, auto., 3.92SG, 4,265 lb (racing weight)
Dyno:   231.2 rwhp                340.0 lb-ft rwtorque
PB:      14.737 @ 91.75         9.364 @ 72.95