Way to measure HP?

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 2 06:51:58 GMT 2001

Amen to that, I just came back from the track & double checked the numbers
that i got from the G-tech to the numbers that i got from the Data Master
to the numbers that i got from the timing lights @ the track.  they were
all close enough that i can confidently tune & test w/o having to goto the
track every time I want to check progress (or digress).  now if only there
was some way to not get those pesky "exhibition (sp) of speed" tickets when
warming up the meats.

BW

RPM
> > input, you'd possibly be able to get a Rear wheel HP figure. As long as
> you
> > didn't get any wheelspin, which would suddenly turn your car into a
1000hp
> > monster ;) (by the 'dyno' anyway)
> >
> > But many variables will change such as wind resistance, tire diameter
> (with
> > wear) and most of all changing vechile weight 1. with the person driving
> the
> > car, and 2. with how much petrol you have in the tank.
> >
> > If you REALLY wanted to you could connect up some sort of calibration to
> the
> > fuel gauge to adjust the effective 'mass' value in the calculation with
> > chaging fuel levels. It might be hard to adjust the 'dyno' when rolling
at
> > vechile momentum will play a part in the result.
> >
> > I think this might be accurate enough for the purposes you seek. It
would
> be
> > interesting how accurate you could get it, possible a few dyno runs as
> > mentioned by someone else earlier to calibrate it.
> >

> > Or if you just want it to 'look good' who says it has to be real eh?
*wink
> > wink*
> >
> > hopefully i haven't just repeated everyone else. I've been up for 48
hours
> > straight, drunk for most of it in new years, etc.. and yeah here i am!
:)

> > HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

quotes)

--- Bob Wooten