Fw: Pop Off Valve

justin ivan vlkslvr at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 14:04:02 GMT 2001

Let's make sure that we have our terminology straight here, I might
confused, by pop off valve, I take that to mean a blow off valve of B.O.V,
the purpose of the B.O.V. to vent positive intake pressure when the throttle
plate is closed (normall during a shif), this eliminates the pressure wave
from damaging the turbo. By asking if this B.O.V is part of the compressor
housing it almost sounds like you are asking if this is a wastegate used to
limit boost levels.

The short answer to you question though, is no this is not part of the
compressor housing it mounts using a diamond shaped flange with two bolts to
the intake pipe.