[OT] Boom boom sound

Ade + Lamb Chop adrian.law at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 2 17:56:12 GMT 2001

On 2 Jan 2001, at 13:14, Jeroen Proveniers wrote:

> Hai,
>
> Some cars have that typical boom boom sound in the exhaust when the
> throttle is released (Alfa Romeo 33 for example); I really like this
> sound. I do not know the cause of it, but I want my car to have it. Is
> there anything I could make? It's a Ford Sierra with injected 2 litre
> engine, completely orginal.

I have only ever had it from an excessive dia exhaust. 2" ID on a
55bhp 1000cc A series for instance. It may be a nice noise but
excessive dia of the exhaust means you loose gas speed (and
thus gas momentum) which reduces scavenging at the end of the
exhaust stroke.

Ade

ICQ. 75653589
www.adesite.co.uk