off topic / traction control

justin ivan vlkslvr at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 9 14:37:50 GMT 2001

Yeah there is a lot of blame to place. I personally still place a large
portion of it on driver input. If people realized that they aren't driving
the Honda civic they had for a first car, the roads would be a hell of a lot
simpler. Like I said I drove a full size conversion van, and being at the
ripe old age of 20 and 21, I did some stupid things in it. I took on/off
ramps to quick, Dukes of Hazard slides in the dirt, I was rough on my
throttle and steering input, hell I even got air in it once, but never, I
mean never did I feel like I was going to tip it.
As far as tolerance stack-up, I know exactly where you are coming from on
that one being that I designed biomedical micro-valves for a while. You
forgot to mention that not only is a tolerance stack-up performed but that a
factor of safety >1 should also be considered. That being said, I have heard
that most engineering feats (specifically Buildings and bridges) factor in 1
human death for every million dollars. Pretty odd to put a price on human
life!