off topic / traction control

Shirley, Mark R MarkRShirley at eaton.com
Tue Jan 9 14:49:53 GMT 2001

IMHO, the American public is for the most part idiotic to want
the hugest truck they can get, expect it to drive just like a
Cadillac, and have all the creature comforts of a Cadillac.
They are TRUCKS.  Period.  You can't throw that much mass around
and not expect it to have problems with high speed emergency
maneuvers.
And it's not that the Explorer was poorly designed, it's a truck,
designed to drive like a truck.  Where they got into trouble was
changing tire specs to get it to ride nice.