(Bit off topic) turbo lag...

Axel Rietschin axel_rietschin at compuserve.com
Wed Jan 10 18:59:06 GMT 2001

From: "justin ivan" <vlkslvr at hotmail.com>

> I agree a low CR can be a concern w/o boost. It all depends on the
> application that you are intending.

Definitely. In the example mentionned, I'd use a much smaller turbo (like
perhaps a T2). With a T3 on a 1000cc engine, *plenty* of boost will be
available, at the expense of lag. I'd say you'll need a relatively low CR to
take advantage of all that boost. Application included road but, more
importantly, some hillclimb and sprints where utmost power is critical, and
the original author intended to use an anti-lag system. This pretty much
defines the application.