MAP and TPS LOAD based EFI

Gabe gellett at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 12 19:16:55 GMT 2001

You mean like the Electromotive Blend software?

I believe it only applies to vehicles that don't produce much vacuum at low
RPMs.  I have this setup on my Vette, when not applied the MAP reading is very
high and unstable in the low RPMs.  When I apply the TPS blending, which tapers
off as the RPMs rise, the KPA value lowers to a more "normal" level and smooths
out dramatically.  What it is actually doing is just averaging a percentage of
the voltage from the TPS with the MAP to fake the ECM into thinking it's getting
a stable signal from the MAP, so it shouldn't interfere with your 3d table, as
the signal appears to only be coming from the MAP.

Gabe