off topic / traction control

Eric Bryant BRYANTE at ghsp.com
Fri Jan 12 19:49:27 GMT 2001

> From: John Edward Miller [mailto:jem at milleredp.com]
> Subject: Re: off topic / traction control
>

> > Normally, you lower tire pressure for traction
>
> </LURK
>
> Not cornering traction, not on street tires.  Best grip
> ~40-46psi in most
> cases.
>
> John.

Are we talking strip or roadcourse use?  There's a difference in which
direction you go, and I'd hope that everyone here can figure that one out.

For what it's worth, my '96 Impala likes about 48 psi up front for autocross
use.  Even at that pressure, I can still get the first 1" or so of sidewall
to scrub if I'm really pushing it.

Back to your regularly-scheduled EFI...

Eric Bryant
mailto:bryante at ghsp.com