Off Topic - So I'll Keep It Short - Pistons

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 14 04:01:43 GMT 2001

for my dollar Forged is the only way to go.  as far as strength is
concerned they go, cast, hypereutectic, & forged.  as for cost I feel that
cast is not an option, & forged are just barely more $ than hypereutectic.
i don't know if i might "need" to hook up the squeeze for a night of
prowling so............  i don't know what you mean by "noisy".  i suppose
that if you were running a stock exhaust (manifolds, 1/5" tubing, cats &
quiet muffs), & a hyd cam & a carb you might hear something.  but if you
have a solid (or roller), headers & injectors you are not going to "hear"
pistons.  if you do, you need to find another machinist.

Bob Wooten

--- Bob Wooten
--- r71chevy at earthlink.net
--- www.r71camaro.homestead.com