Off Topic - So I'll Keep It Short - Pistons

clayb clayb at sonic.net
Sun Jan 14 07:05:34 GMT 2001

> Have any of you boost or NOS guys run the Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons
> in your mills?  Anything good or bad to report about them?  On the surface
> they sound intriguing VS a set of noisy forged jobbies on the street.
>
> Now for the link back to EFI content...........these will be fed by twin
> TBI's and a 7060 'puter and a 3bar MAP sensor.

I haven't run hypereutectic pistons, I'm afraid to. I've heard they work
very well, but alot of people don't hammer on their engine as hard as I
do, and run in excess of 15 psi.

>From a materials standpoint, there is just no way that hypereutectic
pistons can approach the strength of forged racing pistons.

Modern alloys allow tighter pistons clearances than the "rattlers" of
the old days. I would recommend you talk to the folks at JE. If you're
going to run boost, forged racing pistons provide a nice margin of
safety.

- Clay