best way to go on a honda powered mini?

Ade + Lamb Chop adrian.law at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 14 23:35:47 GMT 2001

Hi All,

I am in the process of putting a honda 1600cc DOHC 16v (ZC)
engine in my rover mini. I have the manifolds etc but don't have the
ECU.

I am looking at the best route to go for fuelling and ignition. As far
as I can see I have the following choices.

1) Complete aftermarket efi system.. versatile but expensive.. don't
really have that amount of money to spend..

2) aftermarket ECU using the current manifolds.. is this possible?
how much is it gonna cost?

3) carbs.. thinking 2 twin choke Weber 40s.. just for comparisons
sake... would have to get a manifold. How much do second hand
webers cost?

Ade

ICQ. 75653589
www.adesite.co.uk