Smartcoils & other ignition questions

James Ballenger vtjballeng at yifan.net
Tue Jan 16 13:55:48 GMT 2001

	The old GM "HEI" system that uses a distributor has enourmous
aftermarket support and could be used as such.  You could also use a waste
spark coil and ground one side to do this (if you only wanted one spark).  I
think Rx-7 just has a dumb ignitor, for which you can also find a Bosch
solution and run.  I was also looking into mitusbishi for a while, their
setup is pretty nice from some turbo Galant's and Eclipses.  They appear to
have dumb ignitors matched (but sold separately) with some pretty small but
powerful coils which should do the same thing.

James Ballenger