flip flops to drive ignition

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 17 04:15:59 GMT 2001

Joe,

thanks for the information.  i did not find a copy of the flip flop
circuit.  do you have one?  if not, no biggie.  I think that mine is going
to have to be quite a bit different anyway.  I have to drive more than 2
coils (@ least 4 maybe 8), so.........  a few different issues.  I only
have one reluctor as well, so again different issues.  I think that i have
it fingered out, just the small details to work out.  anyone have any idea
of an application or part number for an easy (read simple) hall effect
sensor is?  i am looking for something like the after market ones
(adjustable screw mounting, put power to one side, ground to the other &
read the 3rd.  i down loaded a print of a GN ECM & harness & that has both
a cam & crank Pos sensors in it & they both look to be hall effect.  any
idea how they mount?  having not actually poked about under a GN hood, just
don't know.

thanks guys.
BW

--- Bob Wooten