Haltech map sensor switch?

Chris Conlon synchris at speakeasy.org
Thu Jan 18 04:08:58 GMT 2001

At 06:18 PM 1/17/01 -0800, Kris Weldy wrote:
>I have a haltech f7c  and i need to switch the internal map sensor to a 3
>bar map sensor,it currently only goes to 22psi,can anyone do this,or does
>anyone know how to do this?

If you open the unit up and look at the MAP sensor, what kind is it,
maker, p/n etc? I'd hazard a guess that there's a fair chance you
could unsolder it, and then solder in wires there to attach to a similar
3 bar unit. This would throw off your MAP readings, but as long as you
know about both sensors you could figure out how the readings correlate,
IOW with the new sensor the system thinks 22psi when it's really 28
psi, etc.

   Chris C.