Dakota losses

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Sat Jan 20 20:10:15 GMT 2001

Hey guys,
Thought I'd drop a note about a 99DakotaR/T I had on the dyno last week.
Stock HP dropped when adding a "homebuilt" K&N fresh air kit because of
engine heat...lost 20hp at 2500 rpm, but gained 5hp at 4100 rpm. Also
noticed at WOT the lockup "unlock'd" and you'd lose another 15 hp at each
test RPM. 90% throttle seemed to gain the best rear wheel torque with TCC
"in". Wished I had more time with the truck--I think a TPS adjustment would
keep TCC in at WOT.

Lyndon.