Wreckers, efi parts, which ones?

Wes Branchflower hemi_265 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 21 17:04:13 GMT 2001

I'm making a multiport EFi setup for my 265cu (4.3L) hemi six.
I've got the manifolds pretty much on their way, but, i'm just a little
stuck with the rest of it.

Does anyone recommend a good EFi computer, which is easily programmed, and
is available relatively cheap?

Also, i'm weighing up between sensors, and i'll probablty be using a MAF as
i'll be using a fairly lumpy cam, which might upset a MAP sensor?

I'm looking to source things from a wreckers, and wanting to keep on a
budget. I already have a Ford XF 4.1 litre throttle body/TPS +
injectors/fuel pressure regulator.

Are the following all I need for my setup:

MAF Meter
Throttle Position Sensor
Crank Angle sensor (or can i just do it from the coil?)
Coolant Temp Sensor
Fuel Pump
Fuel Pressure Regulator

MAF Meter - Do popular aftermarket ECU's accept both MAP or MAF sensors.
            Does it matter what 'size' a MAF is? Any suggestions for a
make which I should look for? (Ford? Holden? etc?)

Throttle Pos Sensor - I have the one which came with the XF Ford throttle
body, It doesn't seem to have any output except WOT and IDLE.
Either that or it's broken.. :( Is this all i need?

Do I need a crank angle sensor for plain multi-port efi? (not sequential)

Do i need a coolant temp sensor? are their any makes/models that I can pull
one from at a wreckers if so? where are they located?

Fuel Pump - Will a stock ford EFi pump do? I'm using the ford injectors and
pressure regulator.

Any input greatly appriecated.
Thanks.