Custom MAF system: help w/ calculations

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at home.com
Tue Jan 23 23:39:11 GMT 2001

Hi James,

Good luck with your endeavor.  Welcome here.  I won't say much about UofT,
other than to say I hail from Queen's, 'nuff said :)......

Lot's of info about what you're looking for on the three associated sister
lists, namely:  DIY, GMECM, and EFI332.  The archives hold a bunch of info,
and there is an eclectic group of individuals here.  Most lurk, so, you'll
have to ask away with fairly specific questions. Feel free to expand upon
your project, for group input.  Also, drop me a line and I may be able to
interface you with another individual who excels in pondering this kind of
stuff when he's not busy with his day job.

Walt.

> I suppose this is a bit of introduction:
>
> I'm a senior in mechnical engineering at the University of Toronto, and my
> thesis involves the implementation of a fuel injection system for a
1-cylinder
> engine that previously had a carburetor. I'm programming the
microcontroller
> and interfacing all the sensors.
>
> My design will be implemented by U of T's SuperMileage vehicle, which is
> entered in the SAE SuperMileage competition. For this competition, all
teams
> (throughout North America) are given a basic 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton
engine
> and must build the most efficient vehicle they can around it.
>
> I'm implementing a MAF system on the vehicle, and would like to know if I
can
> tap into your expertise (or if you can point me in the right direction)
> regarding the calculation of the pulse width of the fuel injector for a
MAF