Another injector question

Steve Ruse rusej at letu.edu
Thu Jan 25 16:06:53 GMT 2001

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C086B7.9071FB20

Hey Bruce, thanks for the help.

Right now, we are still debating MAP vs. MAF, maybe somebody could give =
me some info to help in that area also. What are the benefits of each? =
Also, what is a cheap source for MAF sensors, or could we just take a =
MAS from a car and use it? How much does the shape & size of the intake =
ducting affect the accuracy of a MAS?

Right now I am leaning towards (mostly) software control, via either a =
68 series Motorola processor or through a PC/parallel port. Is there an =
easy & accurate way to implement EFI through hardware only?

What kind of feedback could we use other than O2 sensors, and exactly =
how do O2s figure into your fuel calculations? I know my car's PCM just =
uses long term fuel "trims" to compensate for variances in O2 readings. =
Are O2 numbers ever used in immediate fuel calculations?

Thanks for the help!

Steve Ruse