Question--Injector on time versus Intake event

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jan 25 21:58:54 GMT 2001

It takes longer to fill the cylinder with fuel then air.
Would take a HUGE injector, to dump the fuel at WOT during only the time the
valve was open.

The current system, uses a combo of atomization, and vaporization to even
get the fuel into a burnable state in the chamber.  So often with SEFI they
blow the fuel at a closed intake valve to vaporize some of the fuel, to help
it mix better in the chamber.
HTH
Bruce

From: "Ron Boley" <ronboley at bellatlantic.net>