Need help with SBC conversion

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Jan 26 15:54:06 GMT 2001

road runner wrote:

> I tracked down a complete set-up for $500. It's for a
> 305 but does that sound like a decent price or should
> I keep lookin?

Depending on the condition of the engine, that still might be expensive.
 Around here, the self serve junk yards are starting to get TPI equipped
F-bodies.  The complete engine, harness, ECM, and etc will run you
around $250 out the door.  The caveat is that the engine is probably
worn out (needs a rebuild) and you have to pull it yourself.  You also
need to keep checking all the yards about once a week for several months.

There are full serve yards where you can get a "low mile" running TPI
setup for perhaps $1000.