Asynchronous injection (and PLD)

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at home.com
Sun Jan 28 20:17:56 GMT 2001

That's quite interesting.  I wonder the reasoning behind why GM would force
those particular TBI cals into ASYNCH at all times, and yet not others?  I
can understand the need for ASYNCH under certain specific conditions, but,
would have intuitively envisioned SYNCH as having more benefit when the
other mode was not absolutely necessary.  What exactly are AKDX and AKSN
from?  Have you had a chance to run those cals yet?  Or, at least the same
strategy in your cal, as an experiment?  I'd be curious to know.   Maybe the
OE application had either a quirky intake manifold problem to overcome,  or
perhaps was overly sensitive to bank phasing as a result of having merely
the distributor REF signal as a TBI trigger (ie: no cam signal)?
Puzzling.....

Walt.

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org