NC 'custom' LED lights retrofitted?

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Tue Jan 30 18:51:02 GMT 2001

 Cool thanks for that info. BTW would you put ~ 6 in series then a current limiter or just use separate resisters?

Previously, you (Phil Martin) wrote:
{ I work for a company that use thousands of led's a week from HP led's in red
{ , amber and also Nichia white, green and blues. You have to be careful when
{ buying these as they come from different bins and the brightness can vary
{ hugely. I have some 15 degree white LED's that are good enough for a small
{ torch.
{
{ All the led's have a life of aprox 127 years at 20mA except for the white
{ which are at half brightness after 18 months continuous. This is because
{ thay are essentially a UV led with a white phosphor and the UV kills the
{ plastic.
{
{ Run them all at 30mA and you should have no problems under nearly any temp
{ conditions.
{
{

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8