haltech mapsensor change-offer to pay for switch

Kris Weldy volvo4life at home.com
Tue Jan 30 23:55:46 GMT 2001

Man, ill be honest-im lost on this stuff as mechanical work is my
strongpoint.I asked a question a while back about if my 22psi max sensor in
my haltech(which gives me yet more confusion as some say the part number
relays to a 2 bar sensor-2 bar is 29psi-mine only goes to 22-why-because of
the vacuum?).Anyway,the haltech sensor is indeed a four pin sensor and is
soldered on the ecu(appears to be or the two bolts are the only thing
holding it on),the part number is mpx2200ap and below that is the numbers 94
and 40,40th week of 1994,from what ive been told was when it was possibly
made and its made by motorola,Does anyone at all know of anything that will
directly swap out with this sensor so i can indeed run more than
22psi -preferrably a 3bar map sensor will do the trick,but it has to be
directly interchangeable,if not i will offer to pay someone here to swap it
out and do whatever mods it will take to make a 3 bar sensor work.Im well
aware of the tuning difference and the testing-as i know the software will
not change and it will still read 22psi-when in fact i may be running 36.5
psi(14.5 +22psi).I believe this not to be a problem as my haltech has the 32
bar mode abled per rpm range for fine tuning anyway,which isnt bad,not
perfect-but not bad either.I ask this because someone has already explained
how to make this mod-but it was way over my head,this is why i will offer
someone money to make this work-i realize i dont know enough myself to do
it,if i cant find a direct swap,thanks for anyfurther guidence and or
assistance,and i would further like to add for anyone who could do
this-email me at my personal email at :
volvo4life at home.com
,with the price of the parts-and the price of the labor-to see if this in
fact is reasonable -or if i should just break down and buy another
programmable efi system.Thanks,i apolagize for the repeat post and lack of
electronic knowledge on my behalf.--
Kris Weldy (AIM: VolvoFam3)
Arlington, TX
'87 760ti, 20psi w/B23FT, TO3/04E turbo, many mods

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org